Terms and Conditions
A. General Policy
- Fees are effective from 01/01/2017 and are payable in advance. They are not subject to VAT.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘Institut français’.
- Fees are exclusive of books (except where otherwise indicated). Purchase of a textbook is mandatory for A1 to B1 classes. All our textbooks are available with a 5% discount at our partner Blackwell’s Edinburgh.
- A free evaluation is provided at the Institut français to help you decide which course is best for you.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- All students of the Institut français are entitled to a free membership for one year.
- Group classes are only for learners aged 18 and over except for the Kids and Teens courses.
B. Group Courses Policy
- Terms of Enrolment and Payment
- Enrolment procedure:
- Once your level has been established you can enrol either in person at our office, by post or by phone.
- We accept payments by credit or debit card, cash up to £205 or cheques.
- Payment must be made in full at time of enrolment. We regret that we cannot accept payment of fees by instalments.
- Payment of the enrolment fee indicates acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- As of winter term 2016 children and adult classes you may benefit from 2 cumulative discounts :
- 1 Discount: Early Bird* OR multiple enrolments**
- 2 Discounts: Early Bird* AND multiple enrolments**
- Early Bird*: when available, you may benefit from this discount if you enrol until three weeks before the first day of the term
- Multiple enrolments**: when available, you may benefit from this discount in the following three cases:
- If you enrol in two or more classes in the same term
- If you enrol in two or more consecutive terms
- If you enrol with your spouse or partner, and/or your children
- As of winter term 2016, you may benefit from a concession fee if you are a full-time student under 26, a GTCS registered teacher or if you are unemployed. Proof of eligibility will be required for all concessions.
- Discounts and concessions may not be cumulated. Discounts or concession fee must be asked for at the time of enrolment. No partial reimbursement will be possible after enrolment.
- Discounts or concession fee are not available on some specific workshops and courses. Please see course brochure for details.
- Places are allocated upon receipt of enrolment with full payment.
- Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 14 students per class.
- Change of course
Please note that transfer to another class is not possible unless the level of your class proves unsuitable. Transfer is only possible within the same term and with approval of the administration.
- Cancellation and Refunds
- Our classes are planned for a limited number of students. For this reason we regret that fees are not refundable once the term has started and that no partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. The Institut français cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent attendance. Requests for cancellations and refunds must be made in writing with your original receipt, before the term first day. The following charges will apply: if received 7 days or more before the term first day, £20; between 6 days and the first day of the term, £50.
- The Institut français reserves the right to cancel a class if enrolment does not meet the minimum requirement of 7 students. Fees will be fully refunded.
C. Private tuitions Policy
- All sessions within a contract must be used within one year, starting on the day of your first session.
- Payment: Full payment is to be received at least 2 working days before the first class. If a company is paying, a signed purchase order may be deemed acceptable. We reserve the right to cancel lessons if payment has not been made in due time.
Cheques should be made payable to Institut français, crossed A/C Payee only. For BACS payments, please request an invoice which will show our bank details. Payment by Credit/debit card can be made in person or over the telephone.
- Cancellations / Change in schedule: Fees are non-refundable. Classes may be rescheduled provided that 1 working day notice (Monday 9.30 am to Saturday 1 pm) is given. However, any rescheduled classes must be within the duration of the contract and according to the availability of the tutor. Please call 0131-225 5366 or email private ifecosse.org.uk for any change in schedule.