The Institut Français d’Écosse has four major aims:
- To promote the French language, by providing a high-quality range of French courses for everyone.
- To promote French culture in Scotland, by programming ambitious and inventive events
- To encourage cross-cultural exchange between France and Scotland, in cooperation with Scottish Francophile institutions.
- To develop exchanges between France and Scotland in Education
French Cultural Network in the UK
As part of a UK-wide French network including the Institut français du Royaume-Uni, la Maison Française d’Oxford and 11 Alliances Françaises, the Institut français d’Ecosse develops Franco-Scottish educational and cultural projects throughout the country.
- French native-speaking teachers
- Students on site
- Students online
- Classes from beginners to advanced level
- Class hours
- schools taking part in our educational programme
- seat theatre
- spaces for hosting events
- Cultural events
- visitors to our events
- visitors to our “Vive le Fringe!” festival
Enjoy exclusive events and create lasting memories
The Institut Français in the world
The Institut français in Paris is the public institution in charge of developing France’s cultural action abroad, under the supervision of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture. It helps to promote the French language, the circulation of works and ideas and the mobility of artists throughout the world.